We received around 6” of snow in The Forks area last night. More in some spots . . . a little less in town and along the Kennebec River. This will add to the good conditions we already had and make things even better! Lots of people out there enjoying the trails this week. For the rest of the week, both Tuckers are scheduled to groom Wed, Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights.
- ITS 86 HEADING EAST FROM BERRY’S STORE TOWARD GREENVILLE AND ROCKWOOD Because of heavy traffic, intown section is rough and can always use more snow. Once just a mile out of town, things improve greatly. Boise Road is great. Short ½ mile Power Line section near Moxie Pond is not bad at all . . . . just a couple minor rough spots. There is a 2 mile section of plowed road around Moxie Pond, due to logging. Good snow cover over 95% of it . . . . only about 100 yards or so at the dam where you will be scratching dirt. Rest of the way toward Greenville on ITS 86 and toward Rockwood on ITS 88 are in fine shape.
- ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM Divide Road section is in great shape. Still a little thin on the very short woods sections around Pleasant Pond and Moore’s Bog. There is a 1/2 mile section around the south side of Moxie Mountain, that is severely windblown. Last nights snow helped, but it’s still a little scratchy through there. Check out the 3 mile groomed spur trail to the Moxie Mountain Lookout. Great views of the Kennebec River Valley, Sugarloaf and the Bigelow Range.
- PLEASANT POND TRAIL Great ride with plenty of snow all the way through.
- BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86 Great ride and plenty of snow all the way through.
- BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL HEADING TOWARD BLANCHARD Great riding.
- KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS TO WEST FORKS A little thin in spots and snirt here and there, but not bad at all. Worst of it is the last 1 mile into town.
For day riders, there is a FREE PARK AND RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201. The lot is very large, well plowed and will accommodate large trailers. A groomed trail from the parking lot directly accesses ITS 87 or the Kennebec River Trail. Gas (91 oct), food and trail maps are available at NO. Look for the large PARK AND RIDE sign on Route 201, just before Northern Outdoors.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club